“ Given that divorce is a life long process, how will we work out what’s best for our children now and in the future.”
- Protection from conflict and the consequences of disagreements.
- Flexible arrangements that support an active and healthy relationship with each parent.
- Ongoing opportunities to thrive and be successful.
- The ability to have an unrestricted relationship with both parents.
What can you do?
- Support the other parent as an active and involved presence in children’s lives.
- Establish arrangements that are not only child focused but stand the test of time.
- Design schedules and agreements that promote parenting as a shared responsibility.
- Avoid defaulting to court based ideas and language. Instead adopt an approach that promotes positive co-parenting.
- Create a plan and method for handling future disagreements that will shield children from tension.