“How will we handle future changes?”
- Flexible arrangements that will grow and change with them over time.
- Ongoing support from both parents in handling future changes and the foundation of a strong sense of the family.
- Parents to remain committed to actively communicating with one another as children grow.
What can you do?
Anticipate and prepare:
- Spend time discussing possible future changes and how you will address them.
- Consider what life will look like for your children five or ten years from now.
- Jointly identify what your hopes and dreams are for your children. As your independent lives change and evolve, how will each of you play a role in ensuring your children’s ongoing needs are met?