“What do you want the quality of your children’s lives to be like in each household?”
- To know that life will be okay.
- Reassurance that both parents will continue to provide for them.
- An understanding of how life will change in other areas.
- To be shielded from adult issues, concerns and responsibilities.
What can you do?
- Work with the other parent to arrive at arrangements that allow your children to have a “worry free” environment in each home.
- Approach other areas and future negotiations with a child-centered perspective.
- Avoid a winner/loser mentality seek solutions that offer win–win situation.
- Be willing to compromise.